If you have frequent stomach aches, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, nausea or pain in your abdomen, you should talk with the board-certified doctors at Primary Care Physicians of Florida about your symptoms. Our team has decades of experience in diagnosing problems with your digestive system.
There are many things that can go wrong within your gastrointestinal (GI) tract, which begins with your throat and esophagus and continues through the stomach, intestines and bowel. These problems – which are more common in older adults – include:
- Swallowing disorders, such as feeling you have lump in your throat.
- Stomach ulcers that cause sharp pain.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), when stomach acid backs up into your esophagus – a condition sometimes called acid reflux.
- Gallstones, which can block the ducts carrying bile from your gall bladder to the intestine.
- Celiac Disease, an immune system reaction to gluten, a protein found in wheat and other grains.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) a cluster of painful intestinal diseases.
- Crohn’s Disease, an IBD that often affects the beginning of the colon.
- Ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory bowel disease in the colon.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), which can cause frequent stomach pain, bloating, constipation or diarrhea.
- Diverticulitis, an inflammation of small pouches in the colon.
- Hemorrhoids, a painful inflammation of the blood vessels in the rectum often found in aging adults.
Our doctors use endoscopes to examine your gastrointestinal tract, remove tissues and repair internal problems. For example, most older adults should receive a regular colonoscopy for colorectal cancer screening and removal of potentially dangerous polyps.
Many of these gastrointestinal problems can be treated by changes in diet, such as eliminating foods that cause nausea, diarrhea or constipation. Our doctors can also prescribe medications from our in-house pharmacy and perform minimally invasive general surgery services to correct more serious problems. Our team takes a holistic approach to medicine, helping you and your family address these painful and serious conditions.
So, don’t let gastrointestinal problems reduce the quality of your life. Our internal medicine doctors will help you find a solution that’s right for you. Give us a call at 954-983-9191 or use our simple online contact form to schedule an appointment today.