For adult women, an annual pap smear test can be a life-saving test in detecting cervical cancer at an early stage. It’s one of the many ways our board-certified gynecology doctors help women stay healthy at any age. Of course, if you are experiencing pelvic pain, abnormal vaginal bleeding or painful urination, you should contact our team at Primary Care Physicians of Florida right away.
Our gynecology doctors know how to diagnose and treat women’s health conditions like:
- Endometriosis, a disorder of the lining of the uterus
- Fibroids, non-cancerous growths of the uterus
- Ovarian cysts within or on the surface of the ovary
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, a hormonal disorder that results in enlarged ovaries with cysts
- Pelvic organ prolapse, where an abdominal organ drops from its normal positions and pushes against the walls of the vagina
- Sexually transmitted diseases, including herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea and HIV/AIDS
- Vaginitis, a painful inflammation of the vagina
- Yeast infections, which can cause discomfort and pain without appropriate treatment.
We also take a holistic approach to providing care to women going through menopause and beyond. Have a collaborative women’s medical team at your side is particularly important because your changing hormones can have a variety of effects on your body, including your reproductive organs, and your potential risk for cancer and osteoporosis, a gradual weakening of your bones and other tissues.
Treating these types of women’s health conditions may involve nutritional supplements, antibiotics, hormone therapies or prescription medications designed to relieve your current symptoms and prevent future problems. Our team can also treat some disorders very effectively with minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.
We take a collaborative approach to women’s health issues that includes our urology doctors and internal medicine specialists, and we work closely with experienced oncologists to treat women’s cancers. So, if you have painful or uncomfortable abdominal, pelvic or vaginal symptoms, contact our gynecology doctors for a same day doctor appointment.
So, don’t let chronic pain ruin your life. Our pain management doctors will help you find a solution that’s right for you. Give us a call at 954-983-9191 or use our simple online contact form to schedule an appointment today.